Training Specialist / Trainer
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Training & Development Manager, the Training Specialist/Trainer is responsible for delivering new employee on-boarding, Safety Training and company required training programs within a construction and industrial environment in Kitimat, BC.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES / FUNCTIONS:
• Deliver high quality training while engaging new employee on-boarding with company required training programs
• Employ creative, effective, and proven instruction techniques and communication to meet the needs of our diverse learners
• Work in accordance with Training Standards established within the department
• Review/update training curriculum
• Ensure overall training environment needs are addressed
• Ensure all site, instructor and student policies are adhered to
• Ensure the highest safety standards are met in accordance with legislation and site policies
• Conduct student evaluations (marking, grading, and reporting as required)
• Other training responsibilities as assigned
• Provide support for new hires during the initial onboarding period
• Consistently demonstrates a professional code of conduct
• Project site/field working conditions.
• Onsite-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to outside weather.
• Ability to work shiftwork