Technologist, ECET – Appendix D/Temporary Assignment (Jan. 2019 – Sept. 2019)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Appendix D/Temporary Assignment (January 2019 - September 2019)
Hours: 35 hours/week; Monday to Friday
Rate of Pay: $28.71
Posting Date: December 19th, 2018
Closing Date: January 2nd, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
This position provides technical support for laboratory courses in Electrical Engineering Technology. The laboratories are utilized year-round, which requires long range planning as well as addressing the day-to-day needs of students, faculty, and others as required.
The incumbent assists the faculty by developing, building and maintaining the infrastructure of the laboratory environment for proper functioning and continuing operation with adherence to safety standards and practices. He/she will be administering and maintaining the inventory of equipment, materials and supplies, and the allocation of resources to support ongoing lab operations to meet the department’s needs.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the maintenance, proper functioning and continuing operation of the department laboratory infrastructure.
- Maintain a safe working and learning environment for all students and faculty in the laboratories during and outside of classes
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of stock and inventory (laboratory equipment, materials and supplies) by determining the “laboratory” kit requirements for courses based on program/course criteria and input from faculty. Appropriately plan and co-ordinate activities to meet scheduled deadlines; advise on the purchase of equipment and materials required for ongoing laboratory needs.
- Assists in the promotion of student recruitment, student retention and program advancement, by organizing display and demonstration materials, preparing learning aids and remedial resources, and participating in student recruitment activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of three-year post-secondary education in Electronics Engineering, Computer Electronics, Electrical Engineering Technology, related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of practical technical experience. Knowledge in the areas of servicing and designing electronic equipment and systems, electrical machines and systems, computer electronics and systems, and digital communications networks.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.