Tax Manager- Asset Management,Digital House
City : Toronto
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
What you will do
- An opportunity to lead large sized client engagements
- Reviewing work for junior staff to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Providing ongoing technical support, coaching and mentoring for the professional development of junior staff
- Work with technology enabled proprietary platforms enabling operational and regulatory tax reporting tax processing for various clients related to distributions for Canadian investment funds, annual Canadian tax compliance and US reporting for Canadian investment funds (PFIC reporting)
- As a Tax Manager on the team you will have considerable opportunities to interact with our clients directly and form part of their extended team as you work closely with them
- You will be involved with engagement planning, organizing teams to deliver on investment fund tax engagement mandates which span the investment fund’s tax life cycle
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a public accounting tax firm and/or fund industry or related
- An understanding and/or interest in tax in the asset management industry
- Knowledge and ability to implement processes and procedures to help create efficiencies
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to forecast and avoid future challenges and conflict from repeating, while keeping in mind practicalities and costs
- Effective negotiation skills by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' businesses
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Completion or interest in enrollment in the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Program
- CPA/CA desigantion is an asset
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.