Requisition ID: [[id]]
Number of Vacancies: [[numberOpenings]]
Department: [[division]] - [[department]]
Salary Information: [[custJOAnnualizedSalary1]] - [[custJOAnnualizedSalary2]]
Pay Scale Group: 9SA
Employment Type: [[jobGrade3]]
Weekly Hours: [[custStandardHours]], Off Days: [[custOffDays]] Shift: [[custShift]]
Posted On: August 14, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 23, 2019
Reports to: Manager Application Portfolio
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
Provides the expertise and technical direction necessary to define, maintain, enhance or replace the information systems and technology. The position evaluates the technical and economic feasibility of proposed systems or requests for revisions to existing systems. The work involves planning, leading, documenting and participating, as needed, in the requirement definition, design, development, test, implementation and post-implementation activities associated with information technology projects.
Key Job Functions
- Provide the expertise and technical direction necessary to define, maintain, enhance or replace information systems and technology. Review business requirements, create processes and procedures
- Ensures the development and implementation of effective and efficient computer systems by preparing detailed specifications for computer programs
- Provide training to related parties in relevant area(s) of expertise
- Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC's customer service Ambassador Program
- Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
- Communicate in a variety of mediums
- Use office technology, software and applications
- Apply analytical skills
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary school in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of systems development, from methodology through detailed design, construction, implementation and production support
- Thorough understanding of project management, data security audit concepts, quality assurance principles and practices as well as structured techniques for systems analysis, design and programming
- Ability to plan and conduct studies and reviews; prepare business cases and cost/benefit analysis of projects; work as part of a team in the development and implementation of large and complex systems; prepare system specifications and documentation
- Experience working in large organizations or public sector organizations will be preferred
- Sound judgement; superior organizational, analytical and problems solving abilities; well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience designing, developing, testing, deploying and supporting IT applications
- Experience with development of mobile applications
- Knowledge of secure programming practices (e.g. OWASP standards)
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL server, Crystal Reports, Microstrategy, ETL tools and techniques
- Exposure to/knowledge of application design with respect to AODA principles will be considered an asset
- Experience working in a DevOps environment an asset
- Exposure to/experience with setting up and implementing automated testing of code
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.