Student Recruitment Coordinator
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 6300-FSO Domestic Recruitment
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: STUDENT RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR
Provide recruitment, admissions advising and liaison services to attract well-qualified prospective students into undergraduate, trades and preparatory programs at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU). Participate in the planning and execution of recruiting services and admissions advising sessions in a wide variety of educational, community and professional settings in the Lower Mainland and across Canada. Act as a liaison with specific Faculties and provides support for Faculty and program specific recruitment initiatives through targeted outreach and activities. Provide advice and/or information about admissions requirements and procedures, programs, services, careers and more to identified target markets for the purpose of generating inquiries and applications. Actively recruit students through consistent follow-up through the application process, specifically through email, phone calls and campus visits. Act as KPU representative at internal as well as external recruitment and community events, developing rapport with students, parents and key stakeholders by providing prompt and professional service. Actively pursue new initiatives and support the implementation of KPU’s marketing and recruitment strategic plan
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience in student recruitment, advising and/or student services or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Preference given to Kwantlen Polytechnic University graduates.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to be flexible in speaking and polished presentation style, to small and large groups up to 100+ is required. Proven ability to convey appropriate and diplomatic responses to questions under pressure.
- Proven ability to represent a post-secondary institution or organization with tact and diplomacy while interacting with people of various ages, backgrounds, cultures and languages.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work as part of an integrated team and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in a demanding, high stress, fast-paced environment over a sustained period of time.
- Experience in post-secondary education recruitment activities such as formal presentations at education fairs, trade shows, community and business events.
- Previous sales experience demonstrated by accumulating new leads and identifying new markets is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to advise, guide and provide training to various stakeholders across the University.
- Ability to relate well to people from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Proven ability to function effectively in a cross-cultural setting. Second language proficiency is an asset, preferably in Mandarin or Punjabi.
- Aptitude in using technology including CRM systems and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of Kwantlen Polytechnic University programs and courses and a demonstrated ability to keep up-to-date with credit and non-credit offerings, university and program admission policies, tuition fees, etc.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently and establish own priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of training, education and or job requirements for a wide range of academic, trades and technical careers as well as pathway options to reach educational goals.
- Strong understanding of the B.C. and other Canadian education systems: graduation, partnerships, and articulated agreements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Ability to travel to other campuses and within British Columbia is required.
- Must have a valid B.C. driver’s license, safe driving record and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials in the range of 30 to 50 lbs.
click here for a more detailed job description
Annual salary increases are based on hours worked and anniversary dates
Please note: As per the KPU-BCGEU Collective Agreement, qualified internal applicants within the BCGEU bargaining unit are given first consideration in filling this position. Internal applicants must apply by 11:59pm on the internal closing date in order to be considered as an internal applicant. Internal applications received after the closing date will be considered as an external applicant.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.