Sr Manager, Cyber Security
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 393232
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Reporting to the Director, Wireless Network Performance & Smart Core Strategy, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Wireless Network Security team at Bell. This team is responsible for embedding security in all aspects of Bell’s Wireless Networks by ensuring that the right skills and resources are in place to implement security-by-design in all new technology and services solutions. In addition, the team is tasked to effectively identify, remediate, track and report on any security events that could impact the secure operations of Bell’s wireless networks or affect the integrity of the services and data in new or legacy wireless systems. The overarching goal of this team is to ensure Bell has the most secure wireless network in Canada.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to liaise with key external and internal stakeholders while continuously strengthening our wireless network security posture.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Set the objectives, milestones and goals for the Wireless Security team
- Drive the implementation of “Security-by-Design” across the end-to-end wireless network including LTE/5G Core, RAN, MEC, 5G Private Networks, MOCN, devices, and all new systems and services leveraging the wireless network
- Ensure security is considered end-to-end on the wireless networks identifying gaps and dealing with many internal teams, and vendor partners
- Facilitate vulnerability scans for known vulnerabilities on all assets of all wireless networks and drive remediation activities with asset owners
- Organize targeted PEN testing on the most critical elements to identify unknown vulnerabilities that must be remediated with urgency
- Remediate findings from Internal Audit on new and legacy assets and solutions
- Continuously review and understand the security posture of the evolving wireless network assets and identify areas of most risk
- Support the OS currency program of wireless network servers
- Support the Corporate asset management program to inventory all wireless assets
- Improve and evolve security processes through agile and continuous improvement initiatives as well as with use of automation and data solutions
- Develop and implement technical and informational security training modules for asset owners across the wireless team with mandate to grow the security by design culture at Bell
- Prepare and deliver presentations and reporting at all levels including Executive management on the progress of the Wireless Security program
- Mentor, coach, and facilitate the development and career growth of teammates
- Plan and manage budgets working closely with key stakeholder teams and the Finance group
Critical Qualifications / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a specialization in telecommunications, a degree in computer science or similar technology-related field
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years’ experience in information/cyber security discipline within telecom
- Five (5) years’ successfully managing and supporting technical teams in a leadership function
- Good understanding of security controls and practical application in wireless networks
- Knowledge of wireless network technologies, systems, network elements
- Good understanding of risk mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of security testing tools and methodologies, including penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools, and associated result analysis.
- Knowledgeable in networking design, routing and firewall segmentation of networks.
- The following certifications are an asset: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP or other security certifications
- Good knowledge of common office tools; Microsoft Office suite, JIRA, Confluence, Miro
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Great level of empathy
- Excels at collaboration and teamwork
- Leads by example
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
- Ability to influence
- Ability to mediate conflicts to resolution
- Compliance with timelines and objectives
- Results oriented
- Fluent and effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong document writing skills
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/16/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
#tech #indeed #LI-DB1 #talent
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.