Specialist/Manager, Real Estate, US Corporate Tax
City : Toronto
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG has an active presence in the Cross Border Real Estate industry. Our US Real Estate practice serves Canadian public, entrepreneurial, and institutional clients that own, operate and develop real estate in US. Our diverse client base includes Canadian real estate developers, pension fund managers, and REITs with operations in the US.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, driven tax professional at the Manager level to join our dynamic and thriving US Real Estate Tax practice in Toronto. You will gain exposure to a variety of medium to large private and public companies and build relationships with our network of KPMG tax professionals across Canada.
As an integral member of our US Real Estate Tax team, you will work closely with KPMG Partners to provide US tax compliance services as well as a vast array of advisory services, including structuring of large scale development projects (including mixed-use developments and joint ventures), launching of real estate funds, as well as evaluating strategies for acquisitions and divestitures.
What you will do
- Work closely with our Partners to lead real estate client engagements, and advise clients on planning opportunities, tax strategies, and compliance issues.
- Manage a team that provides superior consultative tax advice to help our clients achieve tax savings.
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential and create a learning environment through leadership.
- Work with the team on business development opportunities.
- Research and analyze a wide variety of U.S. and cross-border tax issues.
- Maintain and manage client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 5 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- US CPA designation, Enrolled Agent or US Masters of Tax.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly explain complex tax and business issues to clients.
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and executing on client engagements while acting as a trusted business advisor.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.