City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191845
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Software Engineer will be working in a cross functional technology team responsible for the bank's Real Estate sales technology and will contribute to the overall success of the team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. You will ensure all activities conducted are following governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures. The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in delivering end-to-end software solutions.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Develop/maintain Cloud services: Design, build and implement new Cloud services using the available managed cloud products.
- Proactively provide guidance and recommendation on the software design.
- Collaborate with SMEs to understand Retail Banking and Mortgage trends.
- Collaborate with cross functional and monitoring teams to meet the availability and performance requirements.
- Work with Delivery Leads and Product Owners to articulate efforts and compile estimates.
- Build software solutions that meet the needs of stakeholders while focusing on continually reducing technical debt.
- Set up development environments necessary to build the entire solution.
- Participate in merging, integrating, versioning, promoting, code through environments and version control.
- Triage and problem-solving incidents to restore services in production and with follow up on root cause / permanent fixes.
- Ability to break down technical information and disseminating it to senior non-technical management.
- Stay ahead of latest technologies, tools, patterns, best practices and brings them to the team for consideration.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- 6 years+ experience developing microservices and frontends in Java.
- 3+ years of software development experience in roles like developer and team lead
- 3 years+ of experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Have experience in systems design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a software development team on tight deadlines.
- Experience with Spring integrations and contract design for providing and consuming REST APIs ; consuming SOAP ( bonus )
- Proficient with Spring Cloud 2022.x (aka Kilburn) - Spring Cloud Gateway, Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud Vault, Spring Cloud Commons, Spring Batch and Spring Cloud Circuit Breaker ( bonus )
- Full development lifecycle experience with Spring Framework 6.x , Spring Data JPA and Spring Boot 3.1.x
- Thorough understanding on open-source DevOps tools (Bitbucket/GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Maven )
- Hands-on experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO using Spring Security
- Comprehensive experience working with SQL databases ; NoSQL (bonus)
- Extensive experience in designing and developing enterprise grade software.
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Ecosystem - Free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - No matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.