City : St. Stephen
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers.
The Shipper will perform and/or supervise general physical activities to sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment. Manage verification, acceptance, counting, and inputting into D365 Microsoft system of all incoming goods and their condition.
We are currently hiring a Shipping Associate for our Kent store at 188 King Street, St. Stephen, New Brunswick.
What you will do:
· Support the workload daily and working together with the warehouse and fleet teams
· Work well in a fast-paced environment
· Complete all shipping and packing checks as required for quality control
· Maintain picking accuracy and responsibility for complete and correct shipments to customers
· Monitor inventory levels of product daily
· Print and process various documents, e.g., picklist, packing list and bill of ladings
· Ensure shipping and receiving documents are completed and correct
· Manage and meet the needs of customer delivery dates and delivery deadlines
· Assemble orders
· Operate a forklift and pump truck safely
· Perform other duties as required
What you will bring
· Strong communication skills both written and spoken
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Ability to perform repetitive, manual material handling without restriction requiring (but not limited to) the following physical abilities: kneeling, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and grasping
· Willingness to learn and adaptable to change
· Operate with utmost professionalism and confidentiality
· Previous experience in shipping, order picking, packing using RF Scanners, and general warehouse duties is an asset
· Strong computer skills, specifically shipping software
· Experience in logistics, dealing with various freight/courier partners
· Forklift License an asset
What we offer:
· A safe work environment
· Wellness program
· Scholarship and Bursaries
· Employee and Family Assistance Plan
· Employee discount
· Health and Dental Benefits
· RRSP contribution
· Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted