City : STONEY CREEK
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Technologist - ( 22000450 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is seeking a Senior Engineering Technologist for our Ontario offices in Hamilton, London, and Waterloo! This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including several Ontario Southwest/GTA municipalities and the Ministry of Transportation Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Civil Engineering Technologist, you will be involved in the planning and design of major provincial highways, interchanges, and local municipal roads in Ontario. You will be responsible for assisting project managers in the following areas:
- Developing alignments, profiles, typical cross-sections, and grading cross-sections
- Roadside safety design and roadway drainage design
- Quantity calculations and cost estimating
- Preparing contract drawings and documents
- Assist with the preparation of deliverable documentation such as field reports, technical reports, summaries, data sheets and graphs.
- Collect field data, compile field notes and photographs, and file and manage all project related data.
- Document project activities and complete data entry.
- Consistently execute prescribed technical procedures, safe work practices and work plans while completing field, laboratory, and office work.
- Use computer applications related to engineering work, including computer-aided drafting concepts and applications.
Your Capabilities and Experiences
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides, such as the TAC Geometric Design Guide
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Member or eligibility for registration with The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Education and Experience
Technical School Diploma/Certificate Engineering Technology with an emphasis in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering with 10 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1650 Transportation-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 12, 2022, 9:27:29 AM
Req ID: 22000450
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans