Senior Technical Specialist
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The reconciliation team is undertaking multiple complex enterprise-wide initiatives as part of RBC’s ongoing plan to centralize a reconciliation platform within RBC. In this role you will be responsible for strategically planning and managing successful implementation of the above mentioned. The role will coordinate, develop, lead, communicate and execute activities to ensure objectives are accomplished according on time.
What will you do?
- Manage the implementation of multiple concurrent initiatives of varying complexity in a time efficient manner. Monitor and control activities according to plan.
- Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Develop and execute on end to end change management plans and plan and execute all communication related to these.
- Collaborate and contribute on cross-functional enterprise initiatives and manage the effective implementation of assigned deliverables.
- Establish strong working relationships across business units and platforms to build influence and impact with key business partners. Collaborate with groups to define and achieve deliverables and ensure initiatives are effectively integrated into RBC procedures and processes.
- Contribute to ongoing administrative program activities as required.
- Experience with SmartStream TLM recon configuration toolkits e.g., TLM Control, SmartStudio, Recon Admin and SmartSchema, Smartrecs, TLM views, Match rules, TLM Control, Dashboards and Schema
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and SQL script programming.
- Understanding of Accounting and Custody Securities position, Trade and Cash Reconciliation workflows.
- Knowledge on Agile Methodology.
- Knowledge on DEVOPS.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux script programming.
- Experience with Finance reconciliation.
- SWIFT MT Messages, Types and usage in reconciliations.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.