Senior Software Engineer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
- Assess, research and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
- Create detailed designs for small to large projects/ programs - identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity (Angular, C#, SQL server)
- Drive adherence to required processes and standards and ensures that all required documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Work on Agile projects/initiatives.
- Follow appropriate processes identified as part of the project workflow to ensure timely delivery of solution in time.
- Use recommended tools (for example, Confluence, Jira or its subsequent equivalents) to document requirements, design, track progress and issues to ensure project completion within budget and on time
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Provide senior management and key stakeholders with timely updates on projects, escalate as appropriate.
We are looking for an experienced senior developer that wants to take his career to the next level.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.