Senior Salesforce Developer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Salesforce Developer for the Salesforce Platform within Wealth Management Canada (WMC), you will have a critical role in the development and implementation of Salesforce Financial Services Cloud (FSC) as the new "Advisor Desktop" for WMC, providing input into the overall solution design that accounts for how key CRM internal aspects need to be setup, as well as integration points and processes to implement the functional capabilities needed for CRM to transform RBC WMC’s ability to engage with clients and derive key data driven analytics. You’ll be joining a diverse and inclusive agile lab delivering solutions on Salesforce’s Financial Services Cloud and Lighting platform..
The successful candidate will be excited to join a team that employs the latest in technology, scaled agile practices, as well as DevOps/SRE to stand up the SF Platform for RBC WMC. This role will also enable you to become a subject matter expert for Salesforce on the software engineering team, developing and maintaining expertise on Salesforce Financial Services Cloud (FSC) and working in partnership with the WMC business and program teams.
What will you do?
- Assess and analyze business strategy, business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs in simplest possible way taking full advantage of CRM product features, factoring impact across LoBs using CRM and FSC Org structure.
- Build a strong understanding of business domain functionality and technology options, in order to identify requirements “trade-offs” to meet business objectives and technology evolution
- Contribute to the design and development on the Salesforce Financial Service Cloud to drive business value
- Assist scrum teams in gathering requirements/user stories to develop/enhance functionality on the Salesforce platform, including the technical analysis and estimates
- Actively contribute in any team discussions by sharing experiences or providing technical know-how to the team to best leverage the out of the box capabilities
- Support in DevOps development and process efficiencies
- Stay current on Salesforce’s development platform and implement Salesforce development best practices, following the RBC internal standards and guidelines
- Experience implementing salesforce.com functionality that meets business criteria's, system performance and architecture standards. Act as a knowledgeable liaison with business stakeholders.
- Strong technical knowledge and integration experience
- Experience working with customers and other team members to understand business requirements and business process analysis.
- Document detailed business, functional and technical requirements
- Worked closely with business stakeholders, business analysts, implementation partners, integration/developmentand quality assurance teams
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years IT experience working in a senior development role on engineering teams with at least 2 years of Salesforce Platform experience delivering large projects/programs: Salesforce configuration, customization and development using Salesforce.com
- 3+ years proven experience operating in an Agile framework on large programs from initiation to implementation
- Experience with salesforce modules or Apps such as Force.com, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area of study (e.g., computer science, mathematics or engineering) or other BSc/BA degree with a concentration in computer science or information systems or equivalent; Salesforce Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder
- Hands-on experience with the Lightning platform including APEX coding, Lightning Web Components, API’s and Salesforce Data Model design
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce platform and its architecture and product suite including Sales & Service Cloud and/or Financial Services Cloud; Experience integrating Salesforce applications with 3rd party systems using Mulesoft, REST API and event-based integration patterns
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer 1 (PD1)
- Expertise in Cloud Computing, virtualization and SaaS Platforms (beyond CRM)
- Expertise in data migration initiatives
- Experience implementing CRM solutions in the financial services sector
- Knowledge of software product development processes using agile project management and VCS/CI/CD tools (eg: JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.) and understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, RUP)
- Experience presenting to decision makers to introduce and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Wealth Management industry experience related to business processes and workflows
- Experience with DevOps pipeline and building Destructive.xml and managing rollback strategy in Salesforce
- Experience with Einstein and leveraging for Predictive Analytics, Next Best Action, etc.
What's in for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.