Senior Quality Engineer (Hybrid)
City : CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RBC is seeking to hire Sr. QE Analyst. You will be responsible for effective planning, executing and tracking functional tests for WMTS Canada. Your objective is to ensure the QE processes are well defined, executed and continually monitored. Working with different project teams to ensure functional/regression test suite is up to date and remains relevant. You will be accountable for driving quality and champion defect prevention/early defect detection and maximizing test coverage.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Automate assigned areas/feature using existing Framework in Trading platform and provide the test estimations.
- Responsible for designing the effective test cases using Model based approach and test design techniques.
- Responsible for overall quality of testing deliverables/activities.
- Identify risks and provide mitigation plan.
- Create test plans/test strategy documents and conduct walk-throughs with entire project groups.
- Support the implementation of the QE Program and overall QE process and standards through continuous test execution and reporting.
- Leverages the existing automation frameworks, tools and artefacts to ensure testing process is continuous, comprehensive and fully autonomous.
- As a unified engineer you will be responsible for owning the feature development, bug fixes, maintenance along with the QE activities.
- Hands-on experience in Java, SQL and Kafka development platform, Test coverage/automated test scripts review, unit test automation.
- Closely work with Application Development team as one unified team to integrate quality engineering mindset/concepts within the DevOps framework/pipeline.
- Work with Solution Architects across LOB to identify E2E application architecture changes to drive QE strategies during testing.
- Responsible for technical & Trading domain specific coaching, mentoring, training and day to day interaction with a team of QE practitioners, developers and driving test case architecture for projects/programs.
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Typically requires 5-7 years of QE related experience
- Strong Trading domain knowledge and Hands-on experience in testing the Canadian Trade life-cycle, Order flows for assets like Stocks, Options, Mutual funds, Forex and Fixed income
- Good knowledge of Testing Life Cycle, SDLC and Defect Management processes for application support and development.
- Good knowledge with QE Processes, Methodologies and Test Design techniques with hands on experience on ALM, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Iterative Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies.
- Experience of testing across complex end to end systems with multiple interfaces and dependencies
- Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out of the box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approach in critical timelines.
- Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (SoapUI, Selenium, Appium, UFT/Lean UFT/RestAssured/Robot Framework, TestNG) and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, SQL and Kafka.
- Good knowledge of industry practices with focus on Agile, DevOps, environments and test integration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a QE/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases).
- Excellent communication skills and effective negotiation skills.
- QA related certification. E.g. ISTQB, Agile testing, Mobile Testing etc.
- Experience in Model based testing and tools such as ConformIQ, Hexawise etc.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related (technical) degree/diploma or equivalent experience(e.g., Java, C, SQL DB querying)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.