Senior Proposal and Content Manager (US role)
City : Burlington
Category : Full-time Writing/Editing
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
The Senior Manager, Proposal Content Development is responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content across multiple platforms and formats to achieve our business and sales goals. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The Senior Manager, Proposal Content Development will provide leadership to a team of content writers and copy editors, assign projects, ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables. The successful candidate will have a passion for quality output and a strong desire to improve processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide messaging direction on small-and large-scale projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure all content completed by the writing team is consistent in terms of value proposition, style, quality and tone of voice and appropriate messaging for proposals.
- Lead, motivate and supervise a team of writers, review their work, and set expectations.
- Set an example for best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Encourage individuals to take on specific roles to deepen existing or develop new skills, promoting professional development.
- Support staff to stay abreast of current market trends and technologies in order to remain competitive with outside agencies and competitors.
- Be perceived as a credible, trusted advisor by building strong relationships and partnering with internal clients to achieve effective outcomes in an efficient manner.
- Find common ground with internal clients when debating creative or strategic opinions.
- Partner with internal clients to achieve effective outcomes in an efficient manner.
- Work with various stakeholders to articulate messaging needs concisely, yet completely.
- Manage expectations with multiple stakeholders and departmental teams to ensure all deadlines are met, including negotiating timelines and budgets.
- Research clients/prospective clients and their target audiences to support creative messaging and maintain a keen understanding of their business challenges and competitor strategies.
- Leverage market data to develop content.
- Share critical information with project team to produce more effective creative solutions.
- Provide feedback to project team during internal creative reviews.
- Monitor workload to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications, English or related field.
- Minimum of five years professional experience including two years developing content for proposals, marketing or sales use required.
- Shipley training and APMP certification preferred.
- Three years management experience required; management of an editorial team preferred.
- Strong knowledge of AP and company style guide standards.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Adept at embracing brand voice and tone and deploying consistently.
- Content writing experience for proposals and related sales collateral.
- Organized and able to develop content strategy to achieve goals.
- An understanding of how to create content that articulates a value proposition.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of content writers.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Superior project management skills: highly organized with the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong command of the English language, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What Makes Sodexo Different:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
- Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
- Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
- LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
- Facebook: Sodexo Canada