Senior Project Officer
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER :
($75,310.90 - $85,593.47 - Annually)
Reporting to the Director, Program Delivery & Business Planning, the Senior Project Officer is responsible for the planning, coordination, design, buildout and project management of a portfolio of social housing, group home delivery and renovation projects through all the project development phases, from initiation through to warranty inspection and occupancy. He/She/They works collaboratively with project sponsors and partners, including societies, industry specialists, contractors, government ministries and other agencies in achieving these project objectives. Specific responsibilities vary depending on the role BC Housing is playing in each project, whether as a funding/delivery agency and lender (for social housing projects where the Society has a development consultant) or as project manager and lender for directly delivered projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, real estate development and financing or other related field.
- Sound project management experience relating to the development of multi-unit residential housing, including the non-profit sector market, as well as experience negotiating contracts, municipal land use entitlements and real estate issues, and partnership agreements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s housing programs, and development and lending policies specifically relating to the development of social housing.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development/financial management, scheduling, quality assurance, and project team coordination.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of property development and construction, and comprehensive understanding of business.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of current business applications, particularly spreadsheet and project management software.
- Ability to coordinate planning, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and business acumen.
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on property and development matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel on BC Housing business and work evenings and weekends as required.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required