Senior Process Engineer
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Process Engineer - ( 220004CZ )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
- Reporting directly to the CANW Industrial Water Sector Leader, in your role as Senior Process Engineer you will support the business development and client management for our fast-growing industrial practice meeting the water supply and treatment needs for our clients in Mining, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Power, Oil & Gas, and Manufacturing.
- Located in Stantec’s Calgary or Edmonton Office, our perfect candidate will have experience in client relationship management, business development, and providing process engineering technical services and project management to industrial clients in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Northern Territories.
- The role of the Senior Process Engineer is to productively network with a wide array of engineering, environmental, power and water professionals on both technical project execution and related business development initiatives.
- Candidate should be able to identify, evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project, and will perform a variety of tasks which may include inspection, troubleshooting, calculations, design sketches and concepts, estimating, calculating savings, report preparation and field work. Candidate should be comfortable presenting single source solutions to clients.
- Project management skills include communication, financial and schedule tracking as well as development of related interim plans to address challenges. Projects assigned may be broad, varied and diverse in scope. You will analyze proposed projects to ensure safety, reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Business development/application activities range from intentional listening to client needs and identifying related solution opportunities to high level business development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to the Health and Safety culture within Stantec
- Maintain relationships and grow the client base of Industrial Water services in Western Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Northern Territories)
- Provide inputs and regular reviews of the Stantec opportunities and client relationship management database for industrial water activities in Western Canada
- Respond to Request-for-Proposals, Statement of Qualifications requests and other inquiries for Stantec’s capabilities in Industrial Water
- Perform business development/application tasks and collaborates with staff to increase project wins and develop long lasting client relationships. Routine tasks include:
+ coordinate business line teams to manage and develop proposals
+ client facing for business development contact, meetings, walk-downs, and presentations
+ scope of work documents and estimates
+ division of responsibility (DOR) matrices
+ collaboration with multiple business lines to develop opportunities
+ quality reviews
- Work with the Sector Leaders and Stantec’s many multidiscipline operations centres in Western Canada to support their needs on Industrial Water
- Perform complex engineering design tasks on assigned industrial water and wastewater-related projects through collaboration with a wide range of technical disciplines.
+ Routine technical tasks include:
+ lead process engineering teams
+ design basis documents and reports
+ water/wastewater characterization and sampling plans
+ engineering calculations including heat and material balances
+ engineering drawings including process flow diagrams, P&IDs, and general arrangements
+ feasibility studies
+ presentations to clients, regulatory agencies and/or project stakeholders
+ quality reviews
- Attend industry conferences, present technical content as needed to showcase Stantec’s experience and offerings
- Provide technical support on Industrial Water projects as needed
- Provide independent and quality reviews for peers on other proposals or project deliverables within your technical subject matter expertise
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior staff and peers
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors, consultants, and regulators as needed always using a professional communications approach
- Conduct occasional site visits
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven business development and client relationship management experience in pursuing Industrial Water projects
- Proven technical skills applicable to delivering or supporting Industrial Water projects including typical engineering calculations, literature reviews, specifications, drawing preparations, and cost estimating
- Has a firm grasp of water/wastewater treatment engineering design technologies and water/wastewater characterization (industrial)
- Understands typical industrial water needs and wastewater sources, including internal service water, boilers, and cooling water.
- Understands typical phases of engineering and capital project delivery, client procurement procedures, and typical industrial water regulatory approval processes
- Experience in, or developing skills in Project Management for delivering Industrial Water projects
- Experience in managing client expectations and engineering budgets
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Works in a team environment without direct supervision
- Proficient writer and communicator
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe
- Completion of additional business development training and certifications considered an asset
- Holds a valid driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Process, Chemical, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 15 years of process engineering experience
- Minimum of 10 years technical business development or sales experience in consulting or another relevant role
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 13, 2023, 10:48:36 AM
Req ID: 220004CZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans