City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
In every economic environment, there are opportunities to create, enhance, and preserve value. Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
Within KPMG’s Transaction Services practice, our Deal Advisory professionals provide financial due diligence services on behalf of our clients to help drive value from M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) with a forward-thinking approach to deal planning.
Explore KPMG Canada Careers
Are you a talented leader with a proven track record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional client service?
Our Transaction Services team in Toronto is looking for a professional like you with the skills and drive to make a real difference.
As a Senior Manager, Transaction Services, you will collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams and apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions at different stages of the transaction cycle.
What you will do
- Identify key issues, plan and supervise the execution of financial analysis, coordinate other work streams (e.g., work performed by foreign KPMG offices, M&A tax, IT, post-merger integration, HR and pension consultants, etc.)
- Evaluate a business’ historical performance, key drivers of growth and profitability, sustainability of earnings/cash flows, working capital cycles, financial projections, key contractual commitments, accounting policies, and management control environment
- Handle complex issues, interpret results, find solutions, report key findings, and make recommendations
- Write detailed professional reports and presentations of key analysis with pertinent findings
- Establish credibility and develop relationships with current and prospective clients, as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory
- Actively participate in KPMG engagement teams with access to senior client executives, attorneys, and private equity investors
- Provide support/assistance for proposals and contribute to growing the practice
- Train, coach junior team members and contribute to the effective working of the team and development of team morale
What you bring to the role
- Must have CPA / CA or equivalent designation.
- 7-10 years of Transaction Services / Mergers and Acquisitions along with Accounting/Audit experience, in a consulting, advisory, or private equity environment
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and effectively coach, develop, and manage junior team members
- Professional verbal, presentation communication skills, along with excellent writing skills
- Solid investigative skills and attention to detail
- Business fluency in other languages is desirable (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin)
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.