Senior Manager, Development
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171788
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Manager, Development, you will craft a long-term technology vision, build your team and deliver high quality software within the Financial Crimes and Management Reporting Technology group. You will actively partner with Product Managers, Architecture, Vendors and other stakeholders to create and prioritize the product roadmap and to help refine and enhance the global AML business strategy. The scope of this role is to lead the teams responsible for systems that enable financial crimes identification (Customer Risk Ratings) and case management (Enterprise Case Management) based around a vendor system. These system support over 1500 users globally and are critical in the fight against financial crime. This team needs an experienced technology manager with established experience to lead the next phase of design and capabilities.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
• Define and drive your team’s technology vision and roadmap
• Hire a team of diverse, talented software developers, help them improve their skills, and grow their careers
• Create an engineering culture with an exceedingly high bar for quality, ownership, and bias for action
• Collaborate with Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and other stakeholders to ensure that our products provide the best possible customer experience
• Puts focus on software quality, persistent in improving the software development process, and experienced in building highly available systems
• Is passionate about coaching people and career development
• Remains calm under pressure and can make high judgement trade-offs in situations with multiple competing priorities
• Thrives in a highly diverse, collaborative, and cross-functional environment
• Stays abreast of modern technologies and practices, and recommends the introduction of new technology and processes
What You Will Bring to Succeed:
• 5+ years of experience in managing software development with a strong track record of on-time delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, distributed system architecture, and can demonstrate significant prior success as a software engineer who solved complex problems
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.