Senior Landscape Designer
City : Burnaby
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Landscape Designer - ( 240000BJ )
Looking for a change? Look no further. We currently have a senior role position in landscape architecture/ design in BC and are looking for an opportunity to expand in the province or grow locally within our Vancouver office. As part of the Community Development team, we do work in the realm of landscape architecture, urban design, planning, engineering, and architecture with a focus on cross-collaboration between disciplines where we see new ideas for innovation. From small pop-ups to large urban waterfront parks and community design, we see engaging with our local First Nations and the community to shape the vision for a healthy and ecologically sustainable landscape. Our current focus and innovation is around early-stage programming and revenue generation, climate change and sea level rise or improving our presence in healthcare and urban design. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in unique design projects across British Columbia and North America while working interactively with our design team, clients, municipalities, and the public, on a broad range of projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in leading projects and client relationship. Independent in task ownership with great time and project management skills.
- Experience in Proposal writing
- Collaborative mindset and creative designer who can exercise critical thinking throughout the design process, is excited about the challenge and is passionate about landscape architecture, urban design, and ecological sustainability.
- Advanced knowledge in production of various design-related deliverables with a variety of CAD, digital and hand media
- Experience in supporting team lead and staff with various aspects of the profession.
- Participate and brainstorm ideas on the preparation of graphic materials and design reports
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to excel and be a self-motivated individual who wants to lead their work in the future.
- Public speaking, marketing, and promoting landscape architecture skills amongst the team and outside will foster teamwork, diversity, and inclusion.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 10-15 years of professional experience in landscape architecture office or equivalent of professional, education, or landscape design
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university or a combination of related education and experience.
Technical skills required:
- We are mostly Autodesk software with Sketchup, Rhino and Lumion environment for 3D.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office applications. Strong technical detailing, graphic and digital design, and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to win work.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume, cover letter and portfolio online at www.stantec.com/careers.Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $39.03 - $56.56 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 22, 2024, 2:27:25 PM
Req ID: 240000BJ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans