Senior Land Development Engineer
City : THUNDER BAY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Land Development Engineer - ( 2400009I )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
In the role of the Senior Land Development Engineer, this individual will be responsible for leading the delivery of the design of land development projects for our clients. The projects that a Senior Land Development Engineer may be assigned to may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge and engineering judgement.
The Stantec Thunder Bay Community Development group provides services to both private and public sector clients in Thunder Bay and throughout Northern Ontario. The Thunder Bay Community Development team also supports our Ontario East offices, in this role the successful candidate will have opportunities to collaborate with our Ontario East Community Development teams and support their project needs as needed. This individual will primarily be responsible for managing the relationships with some of our most valued developer clients, providing exceptional customer service.
Your Key Responsibilities
Land development is a complex endeavor that requires understanding of multiple engineering, urban planning, landscape architecture and construction disciplines. It involves bringing the best ideas from each discipline and weaving them together to create great communities for our clients and for future residents. The details of the plans and designs must be supported by the local municipalities approving authority and working closely with their representatives is instrumental in the efficient advancement of the design and construction process. We are seeking experienced team members who know how to navigate this exciting environment. Please see the responsibilities below.
Lead the design for greenfield and brownfield land development projects of high complexity.
- Review and prepare designs for site grading and site servicing including water distribution, sanitary sewers, storm water management, shallow utilities, and erosion control design.
- Complete due diligence reports and land reviews providing knowledge on overall servicing for potential land purchases for our client base
- Provide senior engineering support for overall servicing in support of Planning applications/Land Use Designations
- Liaise with municipalities and other approving authorities to advocate for client objectives.
- Build and foster relationships with clients, municipal, and provincial approving authorities.
- Provide mentorship, training, and guidance to junior and intermediate technical staff.
- Contribute and provide guidance in project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, clients, and other various project stakeholders.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality control review on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assist in the development of new standards and processes for the design team.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and the development of project scope and fees through a design focused lens.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and registered as a Professional Engineer with PEO
- Must have a thorough understanding of land development including site grading, sanitary and storm sewer servicing, water servicing, shallow utility coordination, roadway, lot design, as well as a general understanding of stormwater engineering concepts
- Experience in the Ontario is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the life cycle of land development projects from the land review stage through to building permits, Final Acceptance Certificates, and As-builts.
- Must be a self-motivated individual possessing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Take a solution-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and able to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Civil 3D, BlueBeam Revu.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer with PEO
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Thunder Bay ON
Organization : BC-1614 CommDev-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 19, 2024, 10:30:52 AM
Req ID: 2400009I
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans