Senior Fullstack Developer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
The Senior Full Stack Developer will be working within Investor Services (IS) and closely collaborating with the teams principally focused on the data, reporting , and dashboarding initiatives. We’re at the center of everything Data and Digital. We’re building a team that embraces innovation & enthusiasm to bring fresh perspectives. We’ve been on a journey to build out high-performing, highly resilient data and digital solutions that are scalable with the continuous demands from Internal and External stakeholders.
We’re looking for talented and passionate data Intelligence & Analytics professionals to join our team! With an analytical mind-set, you will work as part of an agile team to deliver highly scalable solutions built on various technologies. We believe in continuous growth and expanding your capabilities. Join our team today and have a big impact on influencing the strength of our Data and Digital capabilities.
What will you do?
• Consulting on business assessment and requirements analysis processes, for the development of hardware and operating systems.
• Performing complex application programming activities, including coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying complex applications programs.
• Coordinating coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of application solutions.
• Develop and maintain scalable secure, and efficient software solutions using the full stack of technologies, including APIs, Angular and Java, in the financial services industry.
• Participate in agile development processes for timely project delivery. Continuously improve the performance, functionality, and usability of software applications.
• Review data to ensure its integrity for data analysis to deliver business insights and validation of hypothesis
• Build compelling and Power BI reports/dashboards and translate findings into data storytelling
• Demonstrable ability to analyze data/trends, interpret results, build client KPIs, explain KPI drivers and communicate in simple terms
• Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to analyze functional requirements and deliver the appropriate artefacts as needed.
• Act as the first line of contact to interface with internal stakeholders – Operations team, Client Success team, Data Engineering team and others.
What do you need to succeed?
5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining web-based applications, architectures and frameworks (Angular and Java)
5+ years of experience of database systems such as relational databases, OLAP, Kimble methodologies
3+ years of experience in development with Angular, Angular JS and micro front-end technologies
3+ years of experience with Java, REST API/Micro services, Spring framework, Spring Boot (2.x), JSON, MQ, Hibernate, SQL, Oracle
Proficient in visualization software such as Power BI
Working knowledge of SQL and data extraction
Working knowledge of API and ability to extract data from API; Familiarity with Apigee API layer
Working knowledge of Python
Strong business communication and stakeholder management skills
Advanced problem-solving skills
Autonomous & highly motivated with ability to multi-task productively and work independently and collaboratively
Ability to accept accountability, assume leadership and demonstrate initiative;
Nice to Have:
Strong knowledge of fundamental data concepts (for example, but not limited to groups, hierarchies, data structures).
Experience in Asset Servicing Industry
Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
A world-class training program in financial services
Flexible work/life balance options
Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.