Senior Electrical Engineer
City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Electrical Engineer - ( 220001YT )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
You will lead the design and engineering of multiple projects that range in size and complexity. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, your duties will include taking responsibility for project deliverables as Engineer-of-Record. You will be responsible for applying engineering knowledge, concepts and professional judgement acquired through experience to size, evaluate, select and specify electrical systems for use on assigned projects in accordance with relevant codes and standards. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include conducting field investigations, liaising with clients and/or contractors, preparing design calculations, leading the development of construction packages (drawings and specifications), estimating construction costs, and contributing to business development activities. The projects that you will be assigned to may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge, particularly in water/wastewater related projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Acts as Engineer-of-Record for projects and/or project components of varying degrees of complexity.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three dimensional models of electrical systems.
- Provides guidance, training and mentorship for junior and intermediate engineers and designers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various phases of design and construction, including plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Develops and manages the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and implements quality control frameworks on own projects.
- Conducts reviews of project deliverables produced by peers and subordinate engineers.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Assists with the development of proposal for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
- Conducts and/or oversees field reviews required to assess as-built conditions.
- Conducts and/or oversees construction phase services, responds to RFIs, reviews shop drawings, and conducts reviews of construction for general conformance with design.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of industry standards as well as electrical and building codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications, particularly in the water/wastewater industry.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards, particularly in the water/wastewater industry.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and interview skills.
- Well-versed understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, and AutoDesk products (i.e. AutoCAD) and/or Bentley products (i.e. Microstation). Familiarity with Revit is an asset.
- Experience with specialized power system software such as ETAP, SKM PowerTools, and/or EasyPower is an asset.
- Mentoring and professional development of other personnel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 8 years of experience.
Typical office environment, working with computers and drawings for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to hazards including construction, weather, and industrial operations that may be experienced at water and/or wastewater related facilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job : Electrical Engineer
Organization : BC-1269 Water-Delivery-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 30, 2022, 1:51:57 PM
Req ID: 220001YT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans