City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173298
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Wealth Engineering Client Technology team is transforming the digital experience for its clients. The team partners and works closely with the Scotia Digital team to bring world-class digital experiences for all Scotia Wealth Management channels. The team plays a key role to help investor manage their investments and reach their financial goals.
Is this role right for you?
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable, scalable, robust components, and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Design and develop micro services based on Cloud solutions, such as Microsoft Azure, Google GCP.
- Collaborate with delivery lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Working experience in performance analysis and tuning
- Provides production support for applications maintained
- Guide your team through technical issues and challenges
- Working closely with technical leads, architect, UX designer, other developers and product owner on software architecture, design, dependencies and codes maintainability
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years of IT experience.
- 8 + years of experience of React.js and its core principles, and React ecosystem JSX of react components life cycle.
- 8 + years of experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- 2 + years’ experience (1 or 2 recent projects) on front end optimization techniques such as Lazy Loading, Asynchronous Module Definition, Callback and Promises, Closures, Image Compression
- 2 + year experience and good knowledge of NodeJS (Yarn) to NPM registry libraries/packages.
- Strong working experience building for mobile web (such as Mobile First, Responsive and PWA)
- Up to date knowledge of the React ecosystem including Hooks, Suspense, and familiar with functional based programming
- Hands-on experience in Cloud MicroApp development.
- Experience in application monitoring software, including Dynatrace, Splunk or their equivalent tools.
- Unit testing with Sonarqube or other tools
- Financial Industry is a plus, but technology experience will be prioritized
- Familiarity with modern back-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket
- Working experience in Microservices or Cloud based (GCP or Azure)
- Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed system design patterns like distributed configuration, service discovery, routing, service-to-service calls, circuit breakers
What's in it for you?
Global Wealth Engineering supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Wealth business, including a broad range of Wealth products and services from Direct Investing to full-service advisors, Trusts, and Private Investment Councils. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.