City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As Senior Counsel, you will support goals of the Assistant General Counsel for successful achievement of the strategic priorities and operational performance goals of the Law Group in supporting trust and estates matters relating principally to the Wealth Management and Investor & Treasury Services (I&TS) platforms in Canada, including matters related to estate administration and registered plans, powers of attorney, incapacity, trusts (personal and commercial), guardianship and financial abuse. You will also work directly with senior management of Wealth Management and I&TS, as well as their functional support groups in providing such legal support, including relating to strategic business initiatives and dealing with associated legal risk issues.
What will you do?
- Senior trust and estates legal expert delivering sound, creative and cost-effective legal advice to the business and various stakeholders principally across Wealth Management and I&TS in Canada
- Identify, assess and manage legal, reputational and regulatory risk relating to estate administration and registered plans, powers of attorney, incapacity, trusts (personal and commercial), guardianship and financial abuse with an emphasis on the areas of estates and trusts.
- Manages the cost and performance of external counsel as required to support matters relating to trusts and estates with a particular focus on negotiating alternative fee arrangements
- Coordinates and liaises with functional partners on new initiatives to mitigate legal risk and ensure compliance.
- Collaborates with other lawyers in the Law Group, as well as other business support teams, and works closely with them to promote alignment to overall enterprise strategy and applicable lines of business
What do you need to succeed?
- JD from recognized law school, called to the Bar of a Canadian province/territory and membership in applicable law society or bar association
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Flexible work/life balance options
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.