Senior Android Developer, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Computer Programmer
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192660
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to development of world-class digital products and experiences on the Android platform that touch millions of Scotiabank customers every day. Contributes to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs.
- Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers.
- Collaborate closely with a team of Android, IOS, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
- Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
- Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
- Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 5 or more years of Android development
- In-depth knowledge of Kotlin and Java programming languages, RxJava, Dagger, Android Studio and other tools used in Android Development
- Good knowledge of coding patterns such as MVVM and clean code best practices
- Knowledge of Jetpack Compose, Navigation Components and other modern Android Development tools and libraries
- Good knowledge of unit-testing
- Experience with accessibility and analytics
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Competent in software engineering and computer science principles
- Experience in integrating Third Party libraries and SDKs
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Good problem solving skills and excellent communication
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.