City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173861
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The ScrumMaster is responsible for driving team effectiveness by identifying and removing impediments, supporting the team, and encouraging practices in accordance with agile principles.
The ScrumMaster is empowered to introduce better ways to drive team productivity. They guide the team by embodying agile values, facilitating ceremonies and supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices. The incumbent will actively participate in developing and maintaining a high performing, self-organizing team.
Is this role right for you?
- Coach the development team and help lead and insure the “agile mindset” is fully adopted and understood
- Inculcate core agile values of focus, commitment, respect, openness and courage into the team’s ground rules through leading by example
- Assess and coach the team to higher levels of performance, tracking acceleration metrics
- Implement and promote use of agile methodology within the team:
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
- Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Develop strong partnership with the Product Owner to gain strong understanding of objectives, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently
- Lead and coach the organization in its agile adoption, sharing successes, artifacts, and experience to accelerate transition to new delivery models
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology
- Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization’s agility
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5 - 8 years of IT experience
- 3+ years of People Management experience and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects, preferably in an agile work environment
- Project Management experience with a strong understanding of agile project management principles and practices coupled with working experience as a ScrumMaster in a recent project/initiative
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.