SAP BW ABAP Developer
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100586
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
Canadian Pacific is hiring an experienced SAP BW- ABAP developer. This individual will participate in developing business intelligence solutions that collect, analyze, and present information to the business, and subsequently develop the solution to address the business requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Code in ABAP and BW;
- Responsible for successful delivery of functional and technical components of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions using SAP BW,SAP BW4HANA, ABAP & SAP HANA Platform.
- Develop and enhance the Data sources for BI extractors in various function modules s such as SAP Financials , SAP SD,CRM & TM.
- Responsible for root cause analysis on production issues.
- Assess business requirements & processes and provide recommendations on optimal solutions that will best serve the business needs.
- Review, analyze, and modify application systems, including coding, testing, debugging
- Perform technical unit tests on standard and developed objects;
- Maintain records for the documentation of systems development and revisions;
- ABAP development and performance analysis, testing, issue analysis, triage, debugging, job scheduling, execution, monitoring, and issue resolution
- Coordinate with RFCs and incident management
- On-call support for the BW/HANA/BO applications on a weekly rotation basis
- Provide end user support and training.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Business Intelligence technical experience.
- Proficient experience in ABAP Programming
- Experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) versions 7.x and higher and BW4HANA.
- Strong experience in BW-ABAP coding, Function Modules, BW custom extractors, routines, ABAP CDS views, ABAP Obected Oriented Programming, debugging.
- Expertize developing ABAP data dictionary, BADIs, enhancements.
- Good understanding of the In-memory columnar database functionality.
Nice to have:
- Working experience in SAP Analytics cloud
- Hands on experience in HANA Modelling / SQL Programming.
- Experience with HANA life cycle Management
- Proficient in HANA SQL Script, database design, HANA Studio and Modelling
- Hands on experience in HANA modelling (Star Joins, Calculation Views, functions,Procedures.) Graphical & Scripted views.
- Experienced with SAP HANA security Models
- Knowledge on SAP HANA performance Optimization.
- Experience with multi-relational, dimensional databases.
- ETL processes using SAP SDA/SDI/Data Services Replication.
- Good understanding of SAP ECC & SAP TM applications.
- Strong expertise in database performance tuning as well as optimizing SQL queries.
- Ability to gather, review business requirements. Interpret these into an architectural design and information model in SAP HANA environment
- Good understanding of following tools.
- -Design Studio
- -Business Explorer
- -Qlikview is an advantage
- -SAP Analytics Cloud
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").