Sanitation Lead Hand – NIGHTS
City : Guelph
Category : Manufacturing
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Do you consider yourself a team player? Are you double-vaccinated and eligible to work in Canada? If so, we want to hear from you! At MLF Speedvale, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our team members and producing quality products!
Who we are!
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Maple Leaf Foods at 643 Speedvale Ave. W., in Guelph is accepting applications for Sanitation Lead Hand within our Prepared Meats Plant which specializes in Lunches, Snacking, & Charcuterie products. Duties may include:
- Oversee the cleaning and sanitization of equipment, surfaces, utensils, and plant environment by providing direction, motivation and technical support to all sanitation employees to ensure sanitation process is completed effectively and on time.
- Communicate and provide direction on all sanitation related activities in all programs such as: Quality Assurance/Food Safety, HACCP, Corporate/customer/BRC requirements, employee relations, Health and Safety Programs, Operations, Maintenance.
- Alongside the Sanitation Supervisor, oversee the master sanitation schedule by helping to establish priorities, schedule, assign work, and communicate with sanitation staff and Sanitation Supervisor frequently and regularly to ensure tasks are completed effectively and on time.
- Assist to develop, coach, and respond to employee suggestions and provide feedback, in a timely manner.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment, and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and JHSC recommendations.
- Support and execute training to meet all job requirements and ensure employee compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain inventory control of all sanitation related materials including chemicals, equipment, tools, and PPE. Ensure site inventory levels are maintained and stored appropriately.
- Audit sanitation related activities, report non-compliances and take corrective actions to assure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements. Update Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and verify compliance by front line employees.
- Ensure the chemical dispensing systems function within specification. Solicit technical support from the sanitation chemical provider or corporate sanitation to optimize the cleaning chemistry and application methods.
- Other responsibilities as required
- Meet/exceed regulatory requirements
- Meet/exceed corporate sanitation program requirements
- Meet/exceed internal, customer and BRC requirements
- Meet/exceed functional leadership by ensuring sanitation and sanitary design is considered for process, plant, and equipment changes.
- Meet/exceed Safety targets
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Post secondary education, University degree in Science preferred
- Minimum 2 years of lead hand experience
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience with the sanitation process, cleaning chemistry, chemical storage, handling and dispensing systems and sanitary design principles.
- Passionate about sanitation and understands its importance to safety and quality of manufactured food products.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach people and develop a high performing team
- Detail and results oriented. Able to drive performance and hold people accountable.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence and lead conversations.
- Strong communication skills (i.e. read, speak and write) in English
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel and Word) and other software related tasks.
- Experience with office systems such as SAP.
- Knowledge of industry related quality systems and inspection programs, cleaning systems (CIP, COP) and chemicals
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, WHMIS, First Aid, Food Safety, Basic Food Microbiology, Lock Out and Tag Out, and Health and Safety Regulations
- Able to work in cold, humid or wet manufacturing environment conditions, work with chemicals and stand/walk regularly
- Essential business through Covid-19
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Competitive Wages: Starting rate is $21.26 with ability to earn up to $22.01
- Afternoon shift premium of $0.35/hour
- Comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability.
- Pension Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Gain Sharing Program – Potential to earn up to $0.60/hour extra!
- Clean and safe environment
- Personal Protective Equipment provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.