City : Drummondville, Quebec, CA, J2C 6Z7
Category : Xerxes by Shawcor
Industry : Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
Employer : Shawcor
Xerxes Corporation, a division of Shawcor Ltd., (Shawcor) is the largest manufacturer of underground fiberglass storage tanks in the world. With nearly 40 years of direct industry expertise, we are recognized as both a leading innovator and a trusted brand. We are always looking to add great people to the Shawcor family, people whose skills and goals match our Mission and Values. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment where integrity and passion drives operational excellence, Shawcor is for you!
- We provide the personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Stimulating career
- Development and training opportunities
- Competitive group insurance plan
- Defined contribution group pension plan
- Paid vacation
We are currently looking for an assembler-sandblaster for our factory located at 250 rue Rocheleau in Drummondville, QC. Reporting to the production manager, the assembler-sandblaster is responsible for the preparation of tanks and fiberglass components.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Cut, shape, sand, splice and adjust fiberglass materials
- Follow plans and drawings to prepare tanks for assembly
- Prepare and install components and accessories
- Make minor adjustments or repairs to products
- Use equipment including drills, sanders, measuring tools, etc.
- Periodically inspect the work to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Document information on process and timecards accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Keep equipment operational by fulfilling preventive maintenance requirements
- All other related tasks to support the production process
- Team player
- Excellent physical condition (lift 20 to 50 lbs, bend over, squat, kneel and stand for long periods)
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment (an asset)
- Reading plans and drawings (an asset)
- Good communicator
- Ability to work in a fiberglass environment
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces, as required
- Ability to work flexible hours and work overtime
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.