RN – Trainer
City : Saskatoon, SK
Category : Nursing
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Job category: Nursing
Job posting ID: 2676
Employment status: Regular part-time
Possible schedule/FTE: 0.8 FTE
Salary/Rate of pay: $41.22 - $51.41
Application deadline: Open until filled
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular part-time RN - Trainer, Supply Chain to join our team in Saskatoon. In this role, you will be supporting all Supply Chain training activities within the Region, in accordance with Canadian Blood Services regulations, standards, and good manufacturing practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Training Requirements
- Conducts periodic reviews of training status, GMP issues, non-conformance reports and recommends appropriate action to the Resource Manager, Supply Chain.
- Assists with the implementation of new projects and processes.
- Periodically performs procedures to maintain technical competency and efficiency in training requirements.
- Performs work in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Blood Services’ Corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Current registration, or eligibility for registration, with the College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS).
- Certified Training Profession (CTP) or similar certificate an asset or a minimum of 5 years of adult training experience.
- ISTP trainer or equivalent preferred.
- Additional specific designations, licensure, or qualifications may be required.
- Experience in a biologics, pharmaceutical, medical devices, or health related environment
- Well-developed classroom delivery and facilitation skills
- Understanding and application of adult learning principles
- Coaching and post-training support
- Flexibility to adapt to different learners and situations
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Starting rate: $41.22 - $51.41
- Paid vacation and payment in lieu of holidays
- Defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and more.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.