Registered Pharmacy Technician – CPAK
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Registered Pharmacy Technician, Compliance Pack Shared Service
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient, with an extensive store network servicing the needs of Canadians.
We are a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what’s needed for our patients and customers.
And right now, that means providing more ways to care through our pharmacy services.
Our Pharmacy team at our Central office is drives the strategy and service planning for our store pharmacies, to ensure our patients get the best and most innovative services to help them with their healthcare needs.
We help ensure Shoppers remains a leader in retail pharmacy, innovating new product and service offerings on a national and provincial stage, setting strategy, taking smart risks and responsibility for our recommendations, and getting things done.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, the nation’s largest retailer, and the majority unit holder of Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust. Loblaw – and its portfolio of grocery, health and beauty, financial services and apparel businesses – provides Canadians with an unparalleled mix of value, assortment and convenience, and offers Canadians two of the country’s most recognized brands – President’s Choice and no name.
The acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart, along with the powerful Life Brand and Optimum brand, has only served to reinforce our leadership position in the marketplace. As well, our PC Plus program, omni-channel efforts, and multicultural merchandising offerings continued to be points of differentiation for our customer experience.
We are hiring a Registered Pharmacy Technician, Compliance Pack Shared Service.
Reporting directly to the Pharmacy Manager, CPAK, the incumbent will be responsible to ensure that the prepared CPAKs are accurate and prepared in a timely manner.
- Conduct product verification on all CPAKs prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness of all prescription orders prior to delivery
- Verify CPAK using pharmacy system (DELTA, HWNG)
- CPAK Production
- Prepare and package medications
- Ensure the number of pills in each package is correct
- Count each package quickly and accurately
- Prepare CPAKs for delivery
- Operation of Machinery
- Operate and maintain the Synmed® Automated Dispensing equipment used to generate and produce weekly compliance packs for SDM stores
- Ensure that the Synmed® machines have the correct and necessary supply of medication within the dispensing unit to prepare the compliance packs
- Clean and maintain the Synmed® equipment when necessary to ensure optimal preformance
- Inventory Management
- Ensure proper stock levels
- Ensure proper storage, handling, disposal of drugs and return to stock procedure in accordance with SOPs
- Inventory control and management using MMS
- Receiving orders in a timely manner
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of continuous work experience as a Reigstered Pharmacy Technician in a pharmacy environment (Long Term Care, Hospital or Retail)
- Experience with high volume filling environments an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player and leadership skills
- Must be able to complete work with minimum supervision
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone’s benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.