Registered Dietitian – Long Term Care (81155005) Kingston
City : Kingston
Category : Full-time Health Care Provider
Industry : Hospital And Health Care
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nutritional care for all residents.
- Complete admission, quarterly, and annual assessment asper MOH & LTC standards according to the MDS schedule
- Monitor nutritional status of residents and follow-up as required
- Document all interventions in resident chart
- Consult with and be a resource for other health care professionals including physicians, nursing staff, pharmacist, social workers, etc.
- Conduct in-service education on nutrition topics to dietary and nursing staff (1 topic bi-monthly)
- Provide advice and communication to other health professionals regarding therapeutic diet recommendations, swallowing assessments and any other nutrition related topics.
- Develop, implement and support departmental programs to improve resident nutritional status as well as matters related to risk indicators, quality improvement, productivity, menu development, clinical manual coordination, standards of care and resident menu satisfaction survey asper MOH & LTC standards and guidelines.
- Participate in relevant clinical teams, resident care conferences.
- Other related duties required or assigned
- Some assigned management duties of the food service department on weekdays and/or weekends
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor of Science with focus in Food & Nutrition or equivalent
- Completion of a recognized Dietetic Internship
- Member of Dietitians of Canada
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Experience as a Clinical Dietitian, preferably in long-term care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team
- Ability to manage frontline staff as required
What Makes Sodexo Different:
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer
- 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers
- 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company
- Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company – Gold Level
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. As a provider of services in many client locations, including hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes, we require that all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs