Red Seal Parts Technician (Warehouseperson)
City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Trades
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: January 31, 2024
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouseperson is responsible for the receipt, secure storage, and proper issue of materials and supplies required for operations.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently or as part of a team and has a willingness to learn and grow.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Ship, receive and securely store materials
- Perform duties such as: setting min/max levels, picking and filling orders, cycle and inventory counts
- Operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner including industrial forklifts
- Perform heavy lifting in a safe manner
- Ensure the safe and productive completion of warehouse storage related projects and requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Warehouseperson, Partsperson, or equivalent certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong understanding of warehousing functions
- The ability to quickly master a materials management system
- Able to multi-task and meet challenges directly
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a mining or industrial environment is considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite® including Dynamics AX will be considered a strong asset
Wage Range: $115,000 - $126,000
At Teck, we believe in fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace where every individual is treated with respect. We aim to create an environment of trust and accountability, where both current and prospective team members can confidently engage in discussions about their employment and compensation that will contribute to our shared success. Providing remuneration details illustrates our commitment to transparent and equitable compensation practices.
As Canada’s largest diversified mining company, Teck is committed to providing the world with essential resources safely and sustainably. We have a rich history of consistently driving innovation, harnessing cutting-edge technology, and cultivating a dynamic environment that empowers our employees to shape the future.