Quality Control Tester
City : Edmonton, AB, CA, T6B 2Z6
Category : Production and Manufacturing
Industry : Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
Employer : Shawcor
ZCL Composites, a division of Shawcor Ltd., (Shawcor) is the largest manufacturer of underground fiberglass storage tanks in the world. With nearly 40 years of direct industry expertise, we are recognized as both a leading innovator and a trusted brand. We are always looking to add great people to the Shawcor family, people whose skills and goals match our Mission and Values. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment where integrity and passion drives operational excellence, Shawcor is for you!
We are currently recruiting a Quality Control Tester (Rotating Shift, Train on 1st Shift) based in our Edmonton, AB (6907 - 36 Street) manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Quality Control Tester is accountable for testing and inspecting tanks and materials for conformance. The incumbent will execute accountabilities with special attention toward prevention of non-conformance with company quality standards.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Follow company policies and procedures for a safe and healthy work space
- Plans testing schedule, based on shipping and production requirements and schedules
- Performs visual inspections of product, checks for handling damage and other non-conformance to Company standards, and facilitates corrections
- Performs all required tests in accordance with established procedures
- Reports occurrences of a leak or potential leak to the Production Manager.
- Ensure product is built, packaged and loaded during the shipping process.
- Transports completed products to storage area and properly secure to prevent damage
- Operates all hand tools, power tools, material handling equipment and machinery proficiently.
- Maintains the testing area and QC lab clean and free of debris.
- Reports information on process sheets, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Educate production team on quality control issues and work with departmental managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Other activities as required to support the production process
Skills and Qualifications
- Grade 12 diploma
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar role
- Previous experience conducting quality control measurements, tests and inspections
- Knowledgeable of the Company’s raw materials, components and manufacturing process, preferred
- Ability to identify, evaluate and describe defects in-process products
- Understanding of basic geometry combined with strong mathematics and blueprint reading
- Basic computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to operate necessary tools and equipment, including forklift and related machinery
- Proven team player with a strong work ethic, and a high sense of values, principles and integrity
- Comfortable working in a plant environment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces when required
- Ability to work shift work including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting up to 20-50 lbs., bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
Why Choose Shawcor? We offer:
- A challenging career with on-the-job training & development opportunities
- A competitive starting wage of 23.38$/hr and paid time off
- Group (Medical & Dental) benefits and Wellness programs
- Group Defined Contribution Pension plan
- An incentive compensation program and a generous employee referral bonus
- Established social distancing practices and additional procedures to maintain a clean and healthy workplace
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.