City : Toronto
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - ( 220000YP )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Infrastructure Management and Pavement Engineering (IMPE) Group is a recognized leader in pavement engineering, integrated infrastructure /asset management consulting, and related data collection activities.
We have vast experience in pavement engineering and management, providing clients with sustainable pavement solutions. We are well recognized through projects successfully completed throughout North America and abroad. Our clients range from municipalities to provincial transportation departments and the private sector.
Our team based in Southern Ontario is seeking a results oriented and dynamic Project Manager who will provide their technical expertise and will work closely with a team of Operational Staff, Data Analysts, Pavement Engineers and other Project Managers focused on collaboration, integrated design, client service and business success.
In this role, you will be accountable for project management, client relationship development and management (internal and external to Stantec), business development including the pursuit and capture of projects, technical excellence and quality of project delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage IMPE projects to ensure adherence to scope, budget and schedule, following all approval processes and accepted project management principals.
- Engage as the client liaison including client and account management.
- Manage customer expectation and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage and organize project tasks and work to identify and mitigate project risks.
- Collaborate with the clients, vendors, suppliers and the project team.
- Direct, motivate and lead the project team(s).
- Manage all project costs and invoicing.
- Prepare project reports.
- Be actively involved in the IMPE business development process; identifying and owning opportunities, managing them through the entire procurement process.
- Write, develop costing and prepare formal bid submissions in response to public RFPs and sole-source opportunities.
- Deliver virtual and in-person bid presentations to potential clients.
- Identify and manage opportunities to upsell existing clients.
- Be aware of and adhere to all safety policies, procedures and required HSSE training.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong client management experience.
- Demonstrated prior leadership experience, sound business acumen, communication and people skills through the management of professional teams in the engineering, architectural, planning or project management fields.
- Financially proficient with proven ability to manage complex budgets.
- Well-developed written communication skills in the preparation of technical reports, correspondence and proposals.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and self-driven.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with MS Office.
- Experience working within integrated team environments is essential.
- Experience in the engineering consulting industry would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of any civil engineering, pavement engineering and management, asset management, GIS, or related disciplines would be considered an asset.
- Ability to travel within North America.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field would be considered an asset.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant Project Management experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1620 Transportation-IMPE-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 16, 2022, 1:56:57 PM
Req ID: 220000YP
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans