City : Kamloops
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - ( 230000CW )
Join Stantec’s growing Project Services team within our Transportation Business Line where we deliver projects that create great places and connections to keep goods, services and people moving. Working within large, integrated multi-disciplinary teams we provide project delivery solutions that fit our clients needs and improve the overall transportation experience for everyone.
Our Transportation Business in British Columbia is growing and provides comprehensive project management, planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Our business is organized into sub-sectors of Transportation that includes Project Services, Transit, Transportation Planning & Traffic Engineering, Bridges, Roadways/Highways, Municipal, Ports & Marine Facilities, Survey/Geomatics, and Construction Services.
Our Project Services team is a place where great ideas are shared, relationships are made, and rewarding careers can really take off. We truly believe in empowering our staff, by giving them the resources and opportunities they need to succeed. The ongoing success of our team is dependent on the people we invest in and allows each person to set the pace of their career. Join our team to help keep our communities connected and improve the safety, reliability and mobility of goods and people throughout the great province of British Columbia
Stantec is currently seeking a Project Manager who is a team player with strong communication skills and interpersonal abilities and is interested in taking their career to the next level. The opportunity is managing a team for the successful delivery of projects through all phases of project delivery (initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close-out). This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
Working with key government clients:
- Facilitate the successful delivery of projects for our Clients, as the client Project Manager, on various sized projects to meet the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provide leadership and expertise to facilitate effective project workshops (Risk and change management, scope definition, cost estimations, options analysis, technical steering committee requirements, etc.).
- Follow and implement Client project management requirements for the project while looking for opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on behalf of the Client using established stakeholder engagement processes
- Act as the Client Representative with the Client’s interests in mind with a strong level of ownership of project tasks and objectives
- Travel will be required from time to time.
Working with Project Teams:
- Execute project delivery through initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close-out activities and other PM tasks.
- Develop, track, maintain and update project cost reports, develop and update project schedules, procurement and maintain document management systems through all phases of the project.
- Review invoices, change orders, and management of payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Coordinate project team activities and interact effectively with Clients, Contractors, Engineers, Project Managers, and other consultants.
- Coordinate and participate in technical proposal writing and other business development activities.
- Prepare and distribute of high quality, accurate and timely documents such as: agendas, status reports, minutes, communication logs, change management, and other required documentation.
- Perform contract administration, coordination, and development as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Emotional intelligence to work with a broad range of different types of people, including, technical experts, government officials, legal counsels, Indigenous groups, public stakeholders, and other project partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including an aptitude for value-based leadership and people management.
- Strong leadership abilities to lead multidisciplinary teams on complex projects on time sensitive and projects of varying sizes with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and priorities concurrently.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, time-management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, technical writing, presentation, and other software including MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Primavera P6, @Risk.
- Ability to effectively discuss and make presentations related to project plans, milestone updates, and technical issues with clients and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of all phases of infrastructure projects, including conventional and alternative delivery methods for public and private clients.
- Understanding and interest in local Indigenous rights, treaties, Section 35 regulatory processes, and the duty to consult.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience in Risk Management considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or discipline.
- PMP/CAPM credentials considered an asset.
- 5 years’ previous experience working as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1158 Transportation-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 1, 2023, 2:17:48 PM
Req ID: 230000CW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans