City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently looking for Project Engineers (Electrical/Mechanical) to join our Rail and Transit department, located at our construction site offices of a major LRT project. Reporting to the Department Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting the Segment Lead in providing guidance and support to Junior Engineers / Site Monitors in the performance of daily work activities.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assist Segment Leads and Intermediate Engineers in the performance of daily work activities, undertake audits, and non-conformance reporting.
- Participate in the development of risk-based multidisciplinary Segment Audit Plans to prioritize construction activities for monitoring and/or auditing.
- Visit the locations of any ongoing work on-site, each day, to monitor activities on-site and collect information and photographs of the work.
- Perform monitoring and auditing across multiple disciplines with the support of discipline leads.
- Notify Segment Leads and Intermediate Engineers, by exception, of any issues or concerns as soon as they are identified.
- Provide input as required for a monthly report to the client.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar capacity preferred.
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in one or more disciplines and will be required to perform monitoring and auditing across multiple disciplines with the support of discipline leads.
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary technical teams and maintain effective working relationships. Experience with construction drawings, site work, construction quality control, and reporting.
- Sound judgment; effective organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including technical report writing skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and computerized applications related to the work.
- Valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license and use of own vehicle for attending project sites, etc.