City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Engineer - ( 24000069 )
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there is no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we are problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a first of its kind hydrogen facility, optimizing brownfield facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, or supporting energy transition projects you’ll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that’s critical to our clients and our communities. The Energy industry is changing — and we’re helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that’s working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our Project Delivery Energy team in our Calgary office. As a Project Engineer, you will work with close supervision and direction on small and mid-sized projects under the guidance of the Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Understand and ensure that customer expectations related to project scope are met and exceeded
- Establish and maintain positive internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Development of feasibility studies, DBMs, FEED Reports, EWPs/CWPs, project planning documents and client progress reports
- Support development of engineering services hours estimates, total project installed cost estimates and project schedules
- Coordination and/or facilitation of key meetings or review points: project kick-off meetings, P&IDs review, PHAs, constructability review, 3D model reviews, construction kick-off, etc. and following all action items through to completion
- Provide proactive project change, risk and stakeholder management support
- Act as single point technical interface for the project and provide advice and guidance to the engineering disciplines
- Ensure procurement packages are produced in accordance with project cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Review of project documentation (specifications, PFD/P&ID drawings, designs, line/tie-in/equipment lists etc.) prior to issue for accuracy, completeness and presentation
- Coordinate construction support activities
- Site travel is expected, and position will require travel to site 1 – 3 days / quarter
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills are critical for this role
- Genuine team player who will encourage teamwork with the project team and with other discipline staff
- Ability to provide strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Responsible for multiple projects, and be able to carry out multiple tasks within each project
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks on schedule and budget
- Ability to challenge specifications and non-optimal designs and provide value added alternatives
- Focused on continuous improvement and providing quality services to our customers in a timely manner
- Knowledge of project management principles and processes
- Supporting gas compression and/or oil sands projects from project conception to construction
- Energy transition: including bio-industrial, carbon capture, and hydrogen project experience is considered an asset
- Experience in project controls and scheduling is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of applicable industry, national, and provincial codes and standards
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with minimum of 7 years of experience or a technical school diploma/certificate with a minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Professional Licensee with APEGA is required
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home).
T his description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1109 Energy-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 19, 2024, 9:57:54 AM
Req ID: 24000069
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans