City : Calgary
Category : Special Project Jobs
Industry : Retail
Employer : Alimentation Couche-Tard
We are currently hiring for a Project Coordinator to join our Western Canada Construction Team. Reporting to the Junior Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will plan and direct construction, renovations and maintenance projects. This role will also direct and oversee contractors, plan budgets, develop project schedules, and liaise with various departments internally. This position will provide strong support in all aspects of the construction process.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Monitor and track project progress and ensure that projects are completed timely and within budget.
- Work directly with contractors to facilitate construction delivery and ensure that projects meet company’s standards.
- Prepare project schedules, budgets, and tender documents.
- Work with suppliers to order store equipment and construction materials.
- Conduct store visits to collect pictures and measurements to complete as-built CAD drawings.
- Complete drafting duties needed by internal construction and merchandising teams.
- Provide support to project management, maintenance team and other team members.
- Track and update expenditures on individual projects regularly in line with periodic reporting requirements.
- Perform other technical duties to support project delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Architectural Technology Diploma or Architectural Degree or equivalent is required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Prior experience in construction-related field is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with organizational and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and willing to perform both project coordination and drafting tasks
- Understanding project delivery methods and invoice approval processes is an asset
- Project estimating and cost control is an asset
- Ability to guide contractors, architects, and consultants
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Open to travel anywhere in Western Canada
- Adaptable in high-pressure environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Circle K values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Couche-Tard/Circle K values diversity and inclusion and aims to create a safe, accessible and rewarding workplace that showcases the unique contribution of our employees to the success of our business. As an employer, we are committed to employment equity, we encourage a wide variety of applications to ensure that we have a diverse workforce that is representative of the customers and the communities we serve. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants who participate in all aspects of the selection process.