City : Kelowna
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Coordinator - ( 220002EX )
Join Stantec’s Project Services team within our Transportation Business Line where we deliver projects that create great places and connections to keep goods, services and people moving. Working within large, integrated multi-disciplinary teams we provide project delivery solutions that fit our clients needs and improve the overall transportation experience for everyone.
Our Transportation Business in British Columbia is growing and provides comprehensive project management, planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Our business is organized into subsectors of Transportation that includes Project Services, Transit, Transportation Planning & Traffic Engineering, Bridges, Roadways/Highways, Municipal, Ports & Marine Facilities, Survey/Geomatics, and Construction Services.
Our Project Services team is a place where great ideas are shared, relationships are made, and rewarding careers can really take off. We truly believe in empowering our staff, by giving them the resources and opportunities they need to succeed. The ongoing success of our team is dependent on the people we invest in and allows each person to set the pace of their career. Join our team to help keep our communities connected and improve the safety, reliability and mobility of goods and people throughout the great province of British Columbia.
Stantec is currently seeking a Project Coordinator who is a team player with strong communication skills and interpersonal abilities and is interested in taking their career to the next level. The opportunity is supporting our Project Managers who are managing a team for the successful delivery of projects through all phases of project delivery (initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close-out). This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in
a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
Working with key government clients:
- Support the successful delivery of projects for our Clients, as the client Project Coordinator, on various sized projects to meet the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Support effective project workshops (Risk and change management, scope definition, cost estimations, options analysis, technical steering committee requirements, etc.).
- Follow and implement Client project management requirements for the project while looking for opportunities for continuous improvements.
- As required, liaise with key stakeholders on behalf of the Client using established stakeholder engagement processes
- Adhere to our clients documentation and project management processes with a strong level of ownership of project tasks and objectives
- Travel will be required from time to time.
Working with Project Teams:
- Support in the development of invoices, contract management, change orders, and management of payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Support the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports (internal and external) and communication with clients on work order approvals.
- Support Project Manager(s) / Director(s) in project delivery through initiation, planning, execution, monitor and control, and close-out activities and other PM support tasks.
- Develop, track and update cost forecasts, maintain and update project cost reports, develop and update project schedules, support procurement and maintain document management systems through all phases of the project.
- With guidance, assist with the preparation and distributions of high quality, accurate and timely documents such as: agendas, reports, minutes, communication logs, change management, and other required documentation.
- Participate and coordinate project team activities and interact effectively with Clients, Contractors, Engineers, Project Managers, and other consultants.
- Perform contract administration, coordination, contract development and other contract support tasks.
- Coordinate and participate in technical proposal writing and other business development activities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Emotional intelligence to work with a broad range of different types of people, including, technical experts, government officials, legal counsels, Indigenous groups, public stakeholders, and other project partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, technical writing, presentation, and other software including MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Primavera P6, @Risk, WBS Schedule Pro, SharePoint, MS Teams.
- General understanding of a project lifecycle including design and construction processes and requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications and technical documentation.
- Experience in Risk Management considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field discipline with 3-5 years of related experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Job : Project Coordination
Organization : BC-1158 Transportation-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 4, 2022, 4:14:34 PM
Req ID: 220002EX
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans