Private Banking Associate
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : Temporary Full-Time
Industry : Operations
Employer : National Bank
Private Banking 1859 provides a boutique, red carpet experience to ultra-high net worth clients with personal banking and business needs as well as wealth management, estate and tax planning.
Private Banking 1859 is part of National Bank of Canada – an award-winning employer, headquartered in Montreal with over 21,000 employees.
We are looking for a professional candidate dedicated to the highest standards of customer service to join our team.
This position reports to the Manager of Client Services, Private Banking 1859.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Closely work and support the Senior Private Banker/Vice President by providing various administrative as well as customer service tasks assigned by the manager.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty by developing a personalized relationship that meets the needs of each client.
- Optimize customer interventions and identify sales opportunities.
- Open commercial and personal accounts and perform various transactions on behalf of clients.
- Contribute to the efficiency of administrative and financial activities by rigorously monitoring client files.
- Actively participate in bringing operational efficiency and necessary improvement to processes
- Identify all risks inherent to the Wealth Management sector's activities.
- Provide clients with products or services that can meet their needs.
- Perform preliminary analysis, compilation, verification, and indexation of the financial information and tax structures required to process customer financing requests, in accordance with standards established by the credit center.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines (loans, investments, interest income).
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the various stakeholders involved in the files.
- Work closely with affluent and influential clientele while displaying a high degree of poise and professionalism.
- Work independently in a dynamic work environment through strong administration, organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Completed three-year college diploma or academic equivalent, related to industry and three years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of banking, investment, and financial products
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Dynamic interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude to exercise initiative and handle several tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills and can connect, both verbally and in writing, with customers and related teams in a courteous, and effective manner
- French language is an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and vacation
- A beautiful office located in the heart of the luxury corridor of the Alberni Street
- Currently offering a variety of health and wellness-based initiatives, like telemedicine, hybrid working from home model and fitness reimbursement
- Management that supports your work and career progression
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment, where everyone’s contribution is recognized and rewarded
- A growing team of highly specialized professionals in the industry, ready to provide mentorship
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic