City : Victoria
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
We have an immediate, rewarding career opportunity for a Prime Therapist to join our team at Ravensview, part of Homewood Health, the national leader in mental health and addictions treatment in Canada.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and RRSP-matching program
- Free staff parking
- Onsite dining room with gourmet meals prepared by our Red-Seal Chef
- Onsite training including nationally-recognized CARES Program, first aid and the opportunity to develop knowledge of mental health and addictions care in our Ravensview Monthly Grand Rounds Education Series
- Access to professionally-designed fitness facility, serene outdoor spaces for walking and running, and direct access to John Dean Park
Homewood Ravensview is a private 75-bed mental health, trauma and addiction facility offering evidence-based, medically-led, inpatient services for first responders, military, veterans, executives & professionals, adults, and young adults. Located in North Saanich on 28 acres of forested hillside, Homewood Ravensview offers clients a comfortable and safe environment featuring serene ocean views from spacious rooms, welcoming common areas and a world-class team of physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors and 24-hour nursing professionals.
As a Prime Therapist, you will be an integral part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the client and members of the interdisciplinary team
- Conduct assessments and develop individualized treatment plans
- Ensure continuity of care is maintained
- Promote and support other team members in their professional practice
- Provide consultation and training to team members in specific area of expertise
- Liaise with referral sources and other relevant outside organization and provide written progress reports
- Support client discharge planning and coordinate outpatient counselling and other referrals to appropriate community resources
- Advocate for clients to promote self-advocacy and develop safety plans
- Provide supervision and other learning experiences for students
What we’re looking for
- Master’s degree in a related field (Social Work, Psychology, or Counselling) is required
- Registration with application professional body in the province of BC (e.g. College of Social Worker, College of Psychologists, etc.)
- Training and familiarity with CBT, DBT, CPT, and mindfulness modalities
- Knowledge of addictions along a mental health continuum of care
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines and maintain ethical therapeutic relationships
- Ability to effectively run group sessions with complex and diverse clientele
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, and as required by BC Health Authorities, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Ravensview requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Homewood Ravensview acknowledges with respect the WSÁNEĆ people on whose territory it operates and recognizes that their historical relationship with the land continues to this day.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.