Post Doctorate Fellow – Health Research
City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Education
Employer : McMaster University
Our researchers and community partners are actively inviting applicants for a new Postdoctoral Fellowship focusing on Health Research. This Postdoctoral Fellowship will be offered through McMaster University's distinguished School of Nursing (SoN) which is part of our largest and most research intensive faculties, the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
We are seeking a highly qualified individual to join our team to engage in developing an exciting, new cross-disciplinary research program about health and social inclusion.
The Post doctorate Fellow, Health Research will work in partnership on The Carer’s Project, and will be responsible for overseeing an innovative, multi-methods study aimed at addressing mental health concerns and social isolation among caregivers/carepartners. This position will be under the supervision of Dr. Sheila Boamah. The successful candidate will also have opportunity for involvement in a number of other ongoing projects. Visit https://ilivee.ca for more details.
The Post Doctorate Fellow, Health Research will join a multidisciplinary team, comprising the researchers at McMaster University, and community partners, to work on The Carer’s Project. The project is supported by an Insight Grant (SSHRC) that aims to improve the quality of life of caregivers (care partners) by finding practical interventions to effectively address their social and mental health needs.
The successful incumbent will gain expertise in innovative qualitative designs and mixed methods. Depending on interest and qualifications, the incumbent may have the opportunity to engage in other research projects led by the Principal Invesitgator, Dr. Sheila Boamah, deliver guest lectures with the School of Nursing at McMaster University and co-supervise trainees and student research.
This role will also have opportunity to collaborate with community partners and be intimately involved in the planning and coordination of research activities in various off-campus facilities.
A successful incumbent will require the following:
- Ph.D. in Nursing or a health-related field (e.g. research focus on aging, health systems, or health services research),
- strong methodological, qualitative and quantitative background,
- strong track-record of collecting, analyzing and publishing data.
- Experience in community engagement,
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods.
- The term of the fellowship is set for 12 months with the option of an additional 12 months.
- The salary is $55,000 per year, plus benefits. Please visit McMaster's Total Rewards Website for addtional information.
- The successful candidate will receive support from the McMaster Education Research, Innovation and Theory (MERIT) Program.
- The position is available immediately, and preference will be given to applicants who can begin within a short timeframe.