Part-Time Casual Reporter, Punjabi – OMNI
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : News
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
OMNI Television, Canada’s only multilingual and multicultural television station is seeking a part-time Reporter to join our Punjabi news team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will support the team in sourcing, chasing, reporting, developing, and presenting compelling news stories for both national and regional Punjabi broadcasts.
What you will do...
- Generate compelling and original story ideas
- Work in the field with camera operators and peers to collaborate on delivering strong content
- Work under tight deadlines to file pitched stories, most often within the same day
- Respond to breaking news quickly and accurately
- Voice, present, and chase stories for broadcast
- Interview experts, guests, and sources within the community
- Translate and repackage stories as required
- Participate in pitch meetings
- Other duties as required
What you will bring...
- Proven experience in journalism and media
- On air broadcast experience
- Proven experience reporting and/or chasing in the field
- Ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Fluent in written and spoken Punjabi
- Knowledge of the cultural and political landscape in Canada and BC
- Experience writing, producing and/or reporting broadcast news content
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Superior communication, writing, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Degree or diploma in journalism or broadcasting (or equivalent experience)
- A team-focused attitude
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 287163
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media