Park Handyworker 3 (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Parks & Natural Resources
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 43338
Job Category: Parks & Natural Resources
Division & Section: Parks, Forestry & Recreation, PFR Parks
Work Location: To Be Determined
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Seasonal
Hourly Rate: $29.38
Hours & Shift Information: 40 hours for week
Number of Positions Open: To Be Determined
Posting Period: 02-Jan-2024 to 30-Jan-2024
- Performs manual tasks in park areas which require some gardening ability
- Operates various types of equipment, mechanized grounds maintenance and grass cutting equipment
- Maintains parks turf by mowing, string trimming, fertilizing, clearing litter and removing garbage, as well as setting up semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems
- Cleans, maintains and makes minor repairs to park washrooms
- Cleans, maintains and makes minor repairs to parks facilities and furnishings including playing fields, ice rinks, parks benches, etc.
- Sets up equipment such as chairs, benches and soccer/football posts, etc.
- Clears and maintains parks walkways and entrances, including snow shoveling
- Assists in maintaining horticultural beds and shrubs, as required
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in grounds maintenance and/or horticulture, preferably in a park setting.
- Experience with grounds maintenance and grass cutting equipment.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
You must also have:
- Ability to provide work direction to others.
- Ability to accurately follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and staff.
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be available to work shifts/weekends/overtime, as required
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.