Packaged Equipment Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion, and allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our Clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are currently seeking an intermediate level Packaged Equipment Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience in oil and gas projects or related industries to join our team in our Calgary, Alberta office. This position has excellent growth opportunity, assisting the successful candidate to further develop their career with the support of other engineers, technical experts, and lead mechanical engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Process engineers with equipment sizing and selection for conceptual studies and front-end work for both new construction and brownfield revamp projects.
• Support projects in early phases with sizing and selection of equipment type and design, technology selection, Supplier evaluation, and preliminary size and cost estimates.
• Prepare specifications and data sheets for packaged equipment and Supplier engineered systems.
• Prepare technical requisitions for formal inquiry of equipment and packages.
• Prepare technical bid evaluations for equipment and packages.
• Review Supplier drawings and data after PO award.
• Act as a technical focal point for assigned equipment packages, coordinating with other design disciplines and Clients in review of supplier data during detail design.
• Participate in P&ID reviews, HAZOP/LOPA reviews, and 3D Model reviews for assigned equipment packages.
• Prepare construction work packages for assigned equipment packages.
• Travel to supplier facilities and shops as required to witness testing or resolve fabrication issues.
• Provide technical support from home office during construction, commissioning, and start-up activities.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in technologies and equipment.
• Keep abreast of regulatory requirements applicable to packaged equipment and systems.
• Assist with training, development, and supervision of junior personnel in Fluor’s Calgary office.
• Provide direct supervision and oversight of technical personnel in other Fluor offices executing portions of the project work.