City : Victoria
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
We have an immediate, rewarding career opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our great team at Ravensview, part of Homewood Health, the national leader in mental health and addictions treatment in Canada.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and RRSP-matching program
- Free staff parking
- Onsite dining room with gourmet meals prepared by our Red-Seal Chef
- Onsite training including nationally-recognized CARES Program, first aid and the opportunity to develop knowledge of mental health and addictions care in our Ravensview Monthly Grand Rounds Education Series
- Access to professionally-designed fitness facility, serene outdoor spaces for walking and running, and direct access to John Dean Park
Homewood Ravensview is a private 75-bed mental health, trauma and addiction facility offering evidence-based, medically-led, inpatient services for first responders, military, veterans, executives & professionals, adults, and young adults. Located in North Saanich on 28 acres of forested hillside, Homewood Ravensview offers clients a comfortable and safe environment featuring serene ocean views from spacious rooms, welcoming common areas and a world-class team of physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors and 24-hour nursing professionals.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
The Occupational Therapist promotes health and well-being through occupation using a systematic evidenced-informed approach to enable individuals to improve their function in the occupations of life. As a member of an interdisciplinary team the Occupational Therapist contributes to the provision of mental health and addictions assessment and treatment for adult populations.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct initial screening and identify medical and non-medical factors that may be impacting recovery and duration of work absence
- Understands that less-than-perfect health is compatible with Return to Work (RTW), that work connectedness is important to recovery and eventual resumption of work activity, and that prolonged absence can be harmful to the person who is injured or ill.
- Monitors and supports the development of individualized RTW plans and collaborates with the treatment team to ensure that treatment includes a sufficient focus on restoring functioning, is work-focused, and provides interventions to address RTW barriers.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment according to Occupational Therapy best practice framework and the program model.
- Select, administer and analyze assessment results through individual and/or group protocols.
- Uses appropriate standardized and non-standardized assessment tools which include occupational performance areas of self-care, productivity, and leisure.
- Incorporate the client domains representative of physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual aspects of functioning.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary team functioning and understanding of client(s).
- Integrate return to work perspectives into all work with clients.
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Experience within Mental Health & Addictions
- Expertise in Disability Treatment and Management principles, practices, and processes; including sustainable return to work, accommodation, and addressing workplace barriers
- Successful completion of the National certification exam
- Professional membership in BC College of Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge of standardized and non-standardized assessments and concurrent addiction disorders
- Assessment of group dynamic and facilitation skills for group therapy
- Service-specific training, i.e., return to work coordination, wellness education, knowledge of issues of childhood trauma and sexual abuse, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Recovery, CBT, CPR, Mental Health Act, PHIPA, Health Care Consent ACT; knowledge of concurrent addiction disorders for specific addiction assessment tools
- Assessment of group dynamic and facilitation skills for group therapy.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, and as required by BC Health Authorities, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Ravensview requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Homewood Ravensview acknowledges with respect the WSÁNEĆ people on whose territory it operates and recognizes that their historical relationship with the land continues to this day.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.