Nurse Ready Instructor
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 7869-RG: FoH Prof Studies - General
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
This role reports to the Director, Faculty of Health Professional Studies.
KPU’s Faculty of Health Professional Studies department is seeking a casual instructor for our Nurse Ready course, which is offered once per month. Nurse Ready is a course designed for both Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) nurses who are seeking additional support for the clinical milieu. The focus of Nurse Ready is to enhance psychomotor skills, professional communication, assessment skills, critical thinking, clinical decision making, safety, organizational skills and effective prioritizing. The Nurse Ready course occurs over five weeks: the first two weeks are asynchronous online learning, and the final three weeks (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:30am-2:30pm) are instructor led.
- Oversee course Moodle site, including creating student folders and necessary documentation, mailing out skill kits, ensuring students complete required clinical preparation tasks/modules, monitoring student site access, and uploading evaluations/documents as required.
- Mark assignments and tests, maintain up-to-date summative evaluations for each student.
- Run Objective Structured Clinical Examinations for students and document performance.
- Current practicing licensure with BCCNM as a Registered Nurse, with no limits or restrictions.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a Canadian acute care setting.
- Familiarity with technology-assisted teaching and learning. Experience with Moodle would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience and/or experience teaching Internationally Educated Nurses is not required, but would be considered an asset.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.