City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic micro-kernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 195 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D, and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production dates.
The QNX Networking Team is looking for strong and enthusiastic individual to manage our Networking Roadmap development team. This person will be someone who knows software development and deployment and can work with a team of experts to deliver. The candidate will work with Project and Product managers to prioritize and schedule features and customer support cases maintaining customers expectations for delivery and quality. You’ll be part of a development team responsible for creating the software core to our product supporting our next-gen releases on some of the most advanced hardware platforms available. You must be someone with ideas and real passion for software delivered to maximize efficiency, and simplicity. Your work will affect millions of users and be essential to the success of QNX.
- Have a successful track record of managing software development teams which have a success delivery track record.
- Proven ability to elicit customer requirements and experience working closely with product management, customers and architects to deliver on commitments
- Enthusiastic about people and getting the best out of the team who are developing software for new driver architectures that support future hardware peripheral advancements.
- Focused on ensuring software is held to our quality standards
- Interested in opportunities to develop software under specialized safety standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 etc. and security standards ISO21434
- Demonstrated delivery of Network stack features and Ethernet drivers.
- Experience with FreeBSD is an asset
Expertise we’re looking for
- Strong development experience to form a solid bridge between engineering members and management
- Strong Project management skills to develop and maintain strategic plans for roadmap projects while being able to respond tactically to customer needs
- Excellent communication skills to manage the relationships amongst the various teams both developers and customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management and Architects to develop requirements for the products
- Knowledge of networking protocols and their application to customers requirements for example ptp, dhcp, traffic management, packet filtering, and performance
- A keen ability to help problem solve and identify solutions in complex systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Intermediate to Senior level of expertise in managing a software development team.
- In-depth knowledge of C and Python programming languages.
- Experience using embedded operating systems (QNX, Linux, GreenHills, VXworks preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills and enthusiasm
Imagine what you could do at QNX! Our customers count on us to convert awesome ideas into great products and services. We have some of the brightest minds working on cutting edge platforms at QNX. Join us and you’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way and there is no telling what you could accomplish.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40