City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($48,174.13 - $56,676.88 Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Mortgage Administrator, the Mortgage Administrator is responsible for the portfolio of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) devolved projects, including the non-profit projects and projects under the Rural Native Homeownership (RNH) program. He/she/they delivers mortgage administration functions, including interest administration, obtaining property tax payments and operating insurance confirmation from the non-profit societies; coordinating with the societies on mortgage renewals, maturity, early prepayment and discharges; processing property tax payment; reconciliation of payments and receipts; preparing mortgage security packages, as well as providing loan balance, interest and trust confirmation for auditing purposes.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in finance, legal or business administration or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in a lending environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of mortgage administration procedures and processes
- Sound knowledge of lending documents
- Ability to exercise attention to detail and proficiency with figures
- Ability to handle large volumes of work with the requirement to meet multiple tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to plan ahead for critical dates
- Ability to enter data accurately
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Strong project administration/tracking skills
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and BC OnLine
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.